If you’re an avid foodie, i’m sure you have come across the infamous ramen burger. It’s the epitome of fusion foods because well, it’s a mix of japanese ramen with class american burgers.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- 1 packet of instant ramen noodles
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesae oil
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3 slices of cheese (American, Cheddar, whatever is your preference)
- 2 tbsp of Sriracha
- 1 1/2 cups of Arugula
- Boil a pot of water.
- Add the ramen noodles until they are half cooked. (taste test).
- Take the eggs in a bowl and add some salt/pepper. Put the half cooked noodles into the bowl and mix well in the bowl.
- Divide the noodles into 6 burger sized buns and put in plastic wrap. You may need to shape it up a bit.
- Let the noodle buns sit in the refrigerator for about 25 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, it’s now time to make the burger part. Add the beef with soy sauce and sesame oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. (You can also add like shredded onions and cheese pieces in the beef mixture).
- Take out the ramen noobs and add vegetable oil over a large pan. Put the heat on medium-high. Carefully place each ramen bun in the shape of the bun and let it cook.
- Fry each bun without moving the noodles. Let one side completely cook until golden brown. FLip each bun and continue to fry until it’s nice and crisp. One side of the bun should be slightly softer.
- Now cook the beef patties until the burgers are lightly pink in the center.
- Fry 3 eggs individually for each burger.
- Add the cooked eggs, cheese, tomatoes, and arugula to the burger.
- Add some ketchup and sriracha and enjoy!