Koreans love seafood. Well, this is only natural being that Korea is a Peninsula. This dish is no exception as it takes whelks or sea snails and creates a delectable seafood salad! It’s pretty exotic for foreigners, but it’s certainly a delicious treat for anyone willing to try. Oh yea, forgot to mention that it’s also super easy to make!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (For the noodles)
- Dried Somen Noodles
- Can of “Golbaengi” (Sea Snails/Whelk)
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 3-4 pieces of Wild Sesame Leaves (Kaettnip)
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (For the Sauce)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 green onions
- 1 or 2 tbsp of gochujang (Korean Red Hot Chili Paste)
- 1 tbsp of gochugaru (Korean Red Hot Chili Powder)
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1-1.5 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a pan, boil some water and then add the somen noodles.
- Cook the noodles as per the packaging instructions.
- Let them cooking for 4-5 minutes, once cooked, drain the noodles and run them under ice cold water.
- Drain well.
- In whatever plate or however you plan on serving this, place little mounds of the somen noodles somewhere on the plate.
- Take the whelks and drain them under cold water. Drain until all the water is gone.
- Cut the whelks into little bit-sized pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Mince the garlic, slice the green onions.
- Then mix all the ingredients in the sauce list except for the seeds.
- Mix the sauce ingredients well until you get a nice thick sauce.
- Now julienne the cucumbers and carrots.
- Thinly slice the onions.
- Slice the sesame leaves.
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl.
- Take the sauce you created earlier and mix in with the salad ingredients to your liking.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the dish.
- Place the salad next to the mound of somen noodles.
- Serve with love~
Our Inspiration: sbs.com