Koreans love chicken. Who doesn’t right? Well, taking the classic chicken wing, Korean style chicken mixes so many flavors and textures there are too many to count! In this recipe, we’re going to show you how to make Sweet Korean Chicken. It’s sweet, crunchy and so so good.
You can make it really quickly as well. It’s best when baked. If you have a deep fryer at home, you can try it fried as well. Make it yourself and let us know how it went!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 lbs of chicken wings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp of sugar
- Green onions (scallions) and sesame seeds for garnish.
- Take the vegetable oil in a dutch oven or a very large pot and use medium high heat.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5 or 6 at a time, fry them in the pot until they’re slightly brown. It’ll take you maybe 3 minutes per batch at most.
- Take them out and turn up the heat. Then in batches, cook them again until they’re golden brown and crispy.
- Heat the soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar as well. Mix well and boil until it thickens a bit.
- Take the wings in a dish and add the sauce. Toss it until it’s nicely coated.
- Garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds!