Every Korean Food aficionado knows that side dishes are a necessity when consuming Korean cuisine. Having a wide variety of these side dishes is a must and sometimes you just want to serve something awesome. Well, Korean-Style Potato Salad is a great dish that mixes it up. It’s based of the classic potato salad, but it mixes in Korean flavors that are also at the table. Kids love it and almost everyone you serve will love it too!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 lbs New red potatoes
- 1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 shallots chopped fine
- 1/2 cup celery chopped fine
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Take the potatoes and wash them well. Now, in a pot full of water, add the potatoes until they are tender and firm.
- While the water is hot, hard boil the 6 eggs as well.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, drain them and cut them into bite sized pieces. They’re hot so be careful.
- Put the cut potatoes in a mixing bowl and sprinkle in the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste it here as they should be good.
- Cut the shallots and celery into small pieces and add along with the peas.
- Add the mayo and then mix.
- Finally, add the eggs and mix carefully. Chill in the fridge.
- Eat later that day or the next day for optimal flavor.