The latest craze in Korean-Mexican fusion dishes, this Korean Burrito is clean and delicious. It takes the best of Korean foods and wraps them in a delicious tortilla wrap. Its quick and easy to make for you and your loved ones. It won’t even feel like cooking and you’ll have a lot of fun with this one. You’ll have to cook and prepare each ingredient of the burrito, so we’ll help you out with that.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (The Meat)
- 1 1/2 lb of flank steak
- 1/4 cup of green onions, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of pear juice (or use 1 sliced apple/pear), optional
- Toasted sesame seeds
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (The Green)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, Shredded
- 3 thinly cut scallions
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped (you can skip if you’re a hater)
- 2 cucumbers, chopped.
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (The Sauce)
- 2 tbsp of sambal
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (The Rice)
- 1 cup of kimchi, chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 cups of cooked white rice.
Are you still with us? Good. Here’s the cooking directions for each part!
COOKING DIRECTIONS (The Meat)
- Take the steak in a large bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients in the list and let it marinate for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill it until cooked to your preference.
- Let it cool down and then slice into thin meaty strips.
- Garnish with some sesame seeds and chopped green onions
COOKING DIRECTIONS (The Green)
- Simply toss the ingredients together
COOKING DIRECTIONS (The Sauce)
- Simply mix the ingredients together
COOKING DIRECTIONS (The Rice)
- In a frying pan, add the vegetable oil and let it heat up for a bit.
- Add the kimchi, ginger, and garlic and let it cook until the kimchi pieces are a wee bit transparent.
- Add the sesame oil and white rice. Continue mixing until the kimchi is blended thoroughly in the rice.
- Set aside.
COOKING DIRECTIONS (The Burrito Assembly!)
- Lay down a burrito on a flat surface.
- Add the rice, meat and veggies.
- Add some cheese if you so desire.
- Add the spicy sauce.
- Wrap carefully and pan toast the top and bottom of the burrito.
- Enjoy! You just put a lot of effort and love into a meal!
Our Inspiration: cookinghawaiinstyle.com