Pasta is traditionally an Italian dish, but it’s also enjoyed by almost every nation in their own unique way. In Korea, the locals love the Italian classics, but also every now and then they like to order some with a Korean twist. In this recipe, we’ll teach you how to make this pasta that simply adds some Kimchi to a classic tomato based pasta.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (For the Bread)
- 1 lb of of vine tomatoes, sliced.
- 1 1/4 cup of kimchi, thinly sliced.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of kimchi juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti or Linguine
- Cook whatever pasta you got according to the instructions on the package.
- Take the onion and cut it into slices.
- You can either mince the garlic or slice it.
- Take the kimchi out and cut it. KEEP ALL THE JUICE.
- In a pan, add the olive oil and saute the onions and garlic until it gets browned.
- Add the kimchi and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add 2/3 of the tomatoes and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Pour the cream into the pan and then add the kimchi juice. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Mix it around until the sauce gets a bit thick.
- Add the pasta noodles and remaining tomatoes and toss it all together.
- Garnish it with basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese.