Quesadillas are a classic Mexican dish. Kimchi is a trophy food of South Korea. Combine the two and you get a delicious fusion dish that can be enjoyed by anyone. The best part of this dish is that it’s super easy to make. The cheesiness and meat (if you so choose) goes so well with the kimchi. Add these into a flour tortilla and you’ve got a delicacy that you can easily make by following the below directions! Kimchi Quesadillas are arguably one of the easiest and most delicious Korean Fusion recipes we offer. Trust us on this, you really can’t go wrong with this Korean Quesadilla.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup kimchi, (chopped up)
- 4 fresh perilla or shiso leaves (optional)
- 1 block of tofu
- 2 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar (shredded)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack (shredded)
- Meat (Galbi or Bulgogi!)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Add the butter to a large pan and put it over medium heat. When the butter is all liquidy and melted, cook the kimchi for about 6 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until the kimchi is nice and brown looking. Place aside for a bit.
- Dice up the tofu into bite sized pieces and add some soy sauce. Cook until brown.
- On a counter, put the tortillas and spread the kimchi, cheese, sesame seeds and perilla leaves evenly.
- Cook the meat and add to the quesadillas (optional!)
- Fold the tortillas in half and press down. Let the juices from the kimchi stick the sides together
- Pour some oil in a large enough pan and cook the tortillas until each side is nice and golden brown. The cheese should be melted.
- Cut into slices and enjoy this fusion dish.