Kimchi is a staple of Korean Food. Another loved dish is Samgyupsal, also known as Pork Belly. Why not combine the two to make an awesome pizza? In this Korean Fusion Food recipe, we’re going to show you how to make this unique fusion pizza. It’s got a strong kick to it, mainly due to the red pepper chili paste (gochujang) and the kimchi juice.
Try it out and let us know how it goes! This pie may feed 3-4 people, but it all depends on how big or small you make it! Feel free to add additional toppings as well.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp of gochujang
- About 1/2 cup of kimchi juice (add more or less to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- 1 lb. of dough (store bought or follow this recipe)
- 1/2 cup of kimchi squeezed
- 4 thin slices of pork belly
- 1 scallion
- Pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- First make the sauce. In a large bowl, mix in the gochujang with kimchi juice. If the sauce is too thick, add more kimchi juice. It shouldn’t be watery, but very much so like tomato sauce.
- Now add the sesame oil and garlic int he bowl and continue to mix.
- On a flat surface, spread some flour and roll the dough. it should be about 1/4 inch thick. On a pizza pan, take the ground cornmeal and place it on there.
- Using a spoon, spread the sauce evenly.
- Now take the kimchi and pork belly and cut them into small pieces as if for toppings.
- Now cook the pizza until the crust is golden brown. It should be for about 10-12 minutes depending on how big the pizza is.
- Garnish it with sliced scallions.
- You can also add cheese if you want, but for this recipe, no cheese is also fine.