These little pancakes are filled with Cod Fish and battered with egg. It’s not really a pancake, but in Korea, we call it a Jeon. It’s an awesome side dish and you can make it easily at home. Korean food recipes don’t really get much easier than this. Usually when serving this, you may want to serve regular scallion jeon or other varieties.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Cod (400g) Filets
- 1 Cup of Flour
- Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- Red Chili Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Thaw the cod if it’s frozen and once thawed, rinse it in water.
- Slice them thinly and place them aside in a bowl.
- Take about 2 cloves of garlic and mince them. Add them to the bowl along with 1 tsp of salt and just a pinch of pepper. Mix it with your hands.
- Pour about 1 cup of flour into the bowl and mix it and make sure each side of each cod piece is lightly breaded.
- Now in a separate bowl, crack the eggs and mix it in. Add a bit of salt if you like for taste.
- Take the green onions and red chili pepper and chop them up. Once chopped, add them to the egg mixture.
- Now on a hot pan, add some oil.
- Dip the cod pieces into the egg mixtures and cook them.
- Serve them with a dipping sauce of soy sauce and a dash of vinegar.