This Korean fusion recipe is one of our favorites. It takes the classic waffle and classic Korean dishes to create something new. It’s your basic kimchi pajeon, but in the shape of a waffle and also to be consumed as a sandwich. You’d be surprised how easy it is to make and how delicious it is. You can totally take your own ideas and try them at home. The beauty of Korean food is that it goes well with a lot of different cuisines which makes Korean fusion recipes that much easier and that much more awesome!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
1.5 cup Korean pancake/jeon flour mix
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup kimchi, chopped into bits
3 tbsp kimchi juice
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 fried eggs
Baby kale and chard
- Take the kimchi and green onions and chop them into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Korean pancake flour and water.
- Add the kimchi and green onions and also add some kimchi juice and oil
- Preheat your waffle iron and grease it just a bit with oil like how you’d normally cook waffles.
- In a separate pan, fry the bulgogi to your liking.
- Fry an egg or two as well.
- Now cook the waffle and once done, stack it like a sandwich. The waffle, bulgogi, kale and fried egg in that order. You can also top it off with some extra kimchi.
- Enjoy it while hot as it’ll go soggy if left out.