Yum! Check out these Korean Nachos. It’s a good combination of crunchy, spicy, savory and all around delicious. The egg in the middle too just adds to that bibimbap, but nacho feel. It really takes traditional flavors like sweet bulgogi and combines it with cheese and kimchi. Each chip can be a mouthful of awesome flavor!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (For the Marinade)
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Asian pear, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (For the Bulgogi)
- 1 lb of beef.
- 5 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- buds of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp Soju or Mirin (Rice Wine)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup split scallions
- 2 cups thinly slice carrots
RECIPE INGREDIENTS (For the Nachos)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup of kimchi
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup of Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- 1 Egg.
- Put the ingredients for the marinade in a blender and puree everything until it’s to your liking.
- Set the marinade aside.
- Now, click here for instructions for the bulgogi or get pre-made bulgogi sauce.
- Once you have it marinated, saute or grill the meat on a pan until it’s pretty cooked.
- Now, you’ll work on the nacho stuff.
- Cut the ingredients for the nachos. Kimchi and the onion should be diced. Green onions should be sliced.
- Melt the butter in a pan over heat and add the kimchi and onions and saute it for a few minutes. You should grill it until kimchi pieces are pretty dry and crisp.
- Now, take the tortilla chips and spread them evenly on the serving pan. A baking pan is usually good.
- Top off the pan with bulgogi, kimchi, onions and cheese.
- Bake this in about 350 F for about 10 minutes.
- Fry an egg sunny side up.
- Add the egg on top after the nachos are done.
- Garnish the nachos with green onions, sour cream and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy your amazing nachos!